We met this afternoon for our final Typography I class. These are the last of my assignments. The goal was to create a specified effect with type. The 3-D experiment used Illustrator’s extrude feature to imitate a layout I created in Google Sketchup.
December 12, 2011
December 7, 2011
Printed pages in a hardbound journal completed the semester’s typography class.
November 7, 2011
Our Typography assignment was to explore different ways of conveying the same information. Each design was created within the framework of assignment limitations and with a specific grid guide.
October 19, 2011
Our typography assignment was to construct a 4″ cube that expressed the idea of a single word from a list of twelve choices. I chose the word, “imply.” I used Gestalt principles that consider the viewer’s ability to mentally fill gaps left by negative spaces. With only a few strokes, dots, or broken lines, the word is implied. Positive and negative shapes also imply my daughter’s silhouette.
The three digital images are of a practice cube. I experimented with cutting out shapes and lining the cube with red paper. I used that idea for the final iteration. The project print file was printed on gloss photo paper.